4.16.2009

First time to see a fetus :)

Today today, is my first time to see a " in strict sense"----fetus. Dongdong and me we went to the hospital for a regular physical examination. Outside the room for B scan, a young lady lined up first in the queue, dongdong and me followed, I should say it was the lack of personalized service by this hospital offered me the chance to see " a fetus" for the first time , as we three were asked in at the same time, and the lady told the doctor, "I'm pregnant."


It was not her regular gravid clinic examination, so her husband did not accompany with her. Now in the B scan room, only we three. Frankly speaking, i was a little bit excited ( for each 'first time' in your life ^_^), the doctor squeezed some ointment on her belly ( later i knew it was called " Ultrasonic Transmission Gel " to ensure enough contact between the probe and your body ), and the only thing i did was to hold my breath & fix my eyes on the small screen, i really didn't have any idea what image would emerge there though the same scene had appeared on TV shows million times :)



Finally as the doctor moved the probe on her belly, a blurry figure emerged and gradually turned clear!! I could distinctly see the outline of that little hindbrain, and the spain, two rather " spindlelegs " crossed in front...... i was almost numb with shock, mixed with a kinda blazing touch. It was a LIFE!!! With head, nose , eyes, ears, mouth,legs..... a few months later it can get hairs.... and it finally could become a total man..... that's so magical and holy !!



The lady turned her head sideways and saw her baby, i think that must be a wonderful moment, if it were me , i must have been intoxicated in the happiness , hehe ^_*



I almost cried with excitement during these several minutes......

Being excited for the first time to see a fetus.... also being touched by the beatific lady on her family way.....


God bless you......

No comments: